User Interface Web Designer Job Description
Status:Contractor: 30-40 hours/week for 4-5 months starting ASAP
Experience: Mid to Senior Level Designer
Location: Minneapolis, MN or remote
Accessible360 provides digital accessibility audits, developer support, legal support, and monitoring for companies large and small. Our diverse team brings a breadth of experience in accessibility, web development, marketing, sales and technology that is focused on making websites and mobile apps more accessible for all people.
We are looking for a mid to senior level UI Designer to help us continue to build out our purpose-built web-based project and issue management system, the A360 HUB. This fully-accessible system is used internally by A360, and by hundreds of our business customers. The system also includes a Knowledge Base, integrated Help Desk, Site Crawling, Accessibility Scanning and more.
The A360 HUB has a number of areas that have grown more complex over time and our customers could be better served with some usability improvements. We are looking for someone to analyze our existing functionality and propose easier, more intuitive ways to interact with complex situations. While this scope will focus on some key, heavily used areas of the application, we are hoping that we can apply some of the elements improved here across our application.
This is a great opportunity to help a small team make a real difference while providing unmatched digital accessibility exposure.
- Develop an understanding of the A360 HUB application and various user roles
- Analyze the workflow of key areas of our application that most impact both our internal team and business customers
- Work closely with technical development staff, A360 accessibility auditors and customers to understand their perspectives
- Develop implementable, iterative mockups, preferably in HTML with clean CSS
- Be a creative, curious and passionate part of our culture
The following are ideal abilities for this position:
- Web-based user interface design background with complex applications
- Ability and desire to share your knowledge with other developers and A360 staff
- Ability to speak and write to both a technical and non-technical audience
- Preferably some exposure to universal/accessible design
- Preferably some experience with B2B applications
- Preferably the ability to structure clean CSS that our developers can implement within our system
Sound like a good fit?
Please get in touch! Contact email@example.com