Senior Accountant (Site Finance Lead) Job Description
A360 is part of the T-Base Communications group of companies. A360 provides digital accessibility audits, remediation support, and ongoing monitoring for companies large and small. Our diverse team brings a wealth of experience in accessibility, web development, marketing, sales, and technology that is focused on making websites and mobile apps more accessible for all people. T-Base is the North American leader in design, production and delivery of accessible statements, documents, and online services for our customers in the financial, telecom, healthcare, government and education markets. Our A360 business is growing quickly. We are currently recruiting for the role of Senior Accountant to lead our Site Finance function in Minneapolis and provide remote support to our Corporate Finance team located in Ottawa, Canada.
Senior Accountant (Site Finance Lead)
Reporting to the Vice-President, Finance, and working closely with A360’s business leaders, the Senior Accountant is the Site Finance Lead at A360 and is responsible for supporting the development and ongoing operations of its Finance and Business Support functions. A portion of the Senior Accountant’s time will also be spent supporting the VP, Finance with certain elements of the Corporate Finance function in a remote working capacity. The Senior Accountant position is broad and diverse, and will appeal to a candidate who is creative, able to pivot to differing priorities quickly, and who desires diversity and the opportunity to develop a wide range of skills. The Senior Accountant will carry out the technical aspects of the Finance function at A360, including the analytical aspects of tracking, recognizing, and projecting revenue; preparation and analysis of payroll and associated KPIs; analysis and calculation of sales commissions; seeking opportunities to further enhance the current accounting system; and leading one staff member who completes many of the transactional accounting and certain HR processes. From a Corporate perspective, the Senior Accountant will be involved in the development of A360’s annual budget, certain financial planning and analysis duties, and performing certain aspects of T-Base’s Treasury function. This is a hands-on role within a small team, and a tremendous opportunity to learn and grow your career in a rapidly expanding company and industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The specific duties and responsibilities of the Senior Accountant (Site Finance Lead) are as follows (such duties and responsibilities being subject to amendment or other changes as determined by the Vice-President, Finance on an ongoing basis):
- Work with A360’s Sales and Customer Success teams to track key provisions of new and renewed client contracts, for forecasting, revenue recognition, and sales commission calculation purposes.
- Prepare full monthly revenue recognition process and track against budget.
- Working with external payroll provider, prepare and record payroll twice per month.
- Oversee transactional aspects of all financial processes and act as backup to perform those processes when other Finance staff member is not available.
- Manage one Finance staff member who performs certain HR and transactional accounting processes.
- Work with A360’s Business Leaders and build the annual budget and monthly forecast updates.
- Support development and monitoring of business enhancing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for A360’s business.
- Provide treasury support to VP, Finance, including development and ongoing maintenance of a consolidated rolling cash forecast.
- Support the Corporate Finance team to complete the annual external audit process.
- With the IT Department and consultants, support Corporate Finance team with the continuing enhancement of the Sage Intacct ERP system.
- Other duties as assigned, particularly directed at scaling up and growth of the Company.
Education, Experience & Security:
- Minimum of a university degree in Accounting, Finance or Financial Management
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in finance and accounting, preferably within a small company that required the incumbent to deal with multiple aspects of a Finance function.
- CPA designation is preferred but is not required.
- Public accounting experience is helpful.
- A strong data driven decision maker.
- Strong background and knowledge of US GAAP, as well as good working knowledge of financial process and control design and implementation.
- Financial planning and analysis, as well as business support experience is preferred; and
- Must pass screening results for general and criminal background checks and credit history on an ongoing basis.
Skills and Abilities:
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems and processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent tact, and diplomacy.
- Superior analytical skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy; and
- Ability to remain calm under the pressure of tight deadlines.
If you are looking to join a growing team where you can work in a customer focused, innovative, challenging, and fun learning environment where you can acquire and hone valuable skills, we invite you to apply by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
T-Base is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions are based are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. T-Base values a diverse workforce and will provide equal opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment for meeting bona fide occupational qualifications, regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.
T-Base welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Appropriate accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any unique accommodation, please let us know in advance and we will work with you to meet your needs.