Front-End Software Engineer (Accessibility) Job Description
About UsWe provide digital accessibility audits, ongoing support, and monitoring for companies large and small. Our diverse team brings a breadth of experience in accessibility, web development, marketing, sales, and technology that is focused on making websites and mobile apps more accessible for all people.
OverviewThe Front End Software Engineer will help A360 customers become accessible by creating resources to answer advanced technical and strategic questions, by providing client guidance with both business and technical meetings, and via tailored code examples. In addition, the Front End Software Engineer will work with our outstanding accessibility auditors to troubleshoot complex issues, write knowledge base articles and related content. We welcome those that are passionate about inclusivity.
Audit, Remediation & QA Support (60%)
- Become a leader in digital accessibility by combining guidance and training from our expert auditors with your front-end experience and knowledge.
- Understand and educate others on how modern web development fits with the business and mission of digital accessibility.
- Use expert knowledge of front-end development to help solve complex accessibility issues including code, process, and interpretation of guidelines, for our customers and for A360 accessibility auditors
- Provide day-to-day support to our accessibility auditors as they review customer sites, including answering questions and providing examples based on your experience in development environments.
- Provide technical leadership on customer calls when discussing remediation issues
- Help expand and manage our Knowledge Base, training videos, and other educational content
Strategic Advisement (30%)
- Represent A360 in a wide variety of situations to provide decisive guidance on issue management and maintenance, strategic goals, architectural impact assessment, work estimation, and more.
- Serve as a strategic advisor to customer teams to help them navigate and balance the complexities of digital accessibility, business and technical impacts, and goals of the organization.
- By partnering with the auditing staff, identify internal process gaps affecting client satisfaction, then develop action plans for resolving those gaps directly or by facilitating cross-disciplinary discussions. These include:
- Accessibility Practice advising
- Common Issue additions and refinements
- Knowledge Base additions and improvements
- Customer communication improvements
- Tooling improvements
- Contribute to marketing including blog posts, social media and other related activities as desired.
- Create and promote projects, such as mini-sites, documentation, and open source initiatives, that demonstrate accessibility concepts and serve as grass-roots marketing and mission support.
The following are the requirements for this position:
- 4+ years professional front-end development including:
- A strong understanding of design principles and patterns from prototype to implementation.
- A belief in the benefits of semantic HTML
- A passion for making the digital world more accessible for everyone.
- Experience working with enterprise-class organizations
- Direct contact with stakeholders leading technical design and development meetings
- Ability to speak and write to both a technical and non-technical audience
The following skills are desirable, but not required:
- An understanding of web-based accessibility issues
- Experience with the browser accessibility APIs, particularly in Chrome
- Screen reader and other assistive technology experience
- Experience with universal design
- Mobile development experience (iOS, Android, React Native, etc.)
- Previous experience contributing to open source projects
Sound like a good fit?
Please get in touch! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org